If you have happened to stumble upon this blog I will be very happy and humbled for you to read it and comment!
My name's Betty Bearfoot. I'm sure you've heard of me.
If not - then read on.
Pssh! Whatever! Do what you like, the internet's a free place. Just watch out for those Elders Of The Internet, the cheeky bastards.

Saturday 11 August 2012

Magic Number

It's been four weeks since my last post. Yet I have no decent excuse for such a length of time as I've been on holiday.

Woah, I've been off school for over a month, scary, and I'm still off for much longer, lucky.

So have I done anything massively interesting in that time? Well I've done lots of lovely things; I went to Paris for a couple of days and I've done a bit of volunteering at an art gallery, but none of that makes a particularly entertaining read therefore I won't bore you with the details.

Perhaps I could share some music with you instead? Seeming as that was initially the point of this blog. I've rekindled my love for scouring the web for songs and I have certainly done my time this month. However I haven't posted about music for ages so where to start?

The difficult part is choosing just a few songs to share with you...

Well this stands out for me. I downloaded it around two months ago. I think it's been released as a single now so it's getting some airplay and the rapper himself is also getting a  lot of media coverage so in all likelihood you would have heard this song by now. This is one of those songs which you can listen to over and over again, which for a ten minute song is saying something. I've already invested an hour and a half to it and I'm one of those people who won't listen to a song too much for risk of spoiling it. (My most played song only being played 58 times...which isn't much really) What I enjoy about this is the gradual mood change that occurs half way through, from a poppy R&B rhythm to something a bit more edgy and slow-paced, it has the desired effect of making you stop and really listen to the lyrics...'she's working at the pyramids tonight'.



Now for something different. It's not new, it's just a beautiful piece of music. Listen to it.

The top comment on the video is really cute. "When you're a kid, they tell you it's all... grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better." (by JamesIbe) See, this song just inspires.



And finally we'll raise the roof with this. Such a good dance tune.



The last comment on the video was "fuckin apeshit retardedness drop" (by SuperERoyale) ... poetically put.

Well it's a start. There's many more songs to be heard but three's the magic number so I won't overwhelm you with any more...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment